Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color

2 comments
The other day, I tried another DIY hair dye at home. The first ever DIY hair dye I did was with Liese's Bubble Hair Colour (forgot which tone, I think it was Milk Tea Brown) and it came out quite okay. The colour was rather obvious under the sun light and that made me happy since my hair is super black, making the dyed colour harder to appear.

I had a strong itch to dye my hair red! But since I'm in Melbourne, and I couldn't really find any good deals on hair salons, I decided to give myself another DIY hair dye!

This time round, I decided to give Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color a go since it was on sale~


Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Colour in Vibrant Red (5.62)



Peekaboo! The insides of the box.



Contents of the box. 

As seen above, the contents are somewhat similar with Liese's Bubble Hair Colour. The marriage between A and B will give you the dye whilst C is the after care conditioner.

I didn't manage to snap any pictures of the process cause it was messy. Like ultra messy. The dye really stuck to it's name. It was really an intense red. But, the result wasn't as good as I had expected...

I'll show you the before and after pictures as a result:



Before.



After

Doesn't look any different right? Lol. Alright, maybe the After picture shows a hint of red. But! I WANTED REEED! lol. At least it covered my growing roots.

Overall, the colour did not really come out as what I had wanted. And it was an extremely messy process. The dye was so hard to remove as it was putting on. I left the dye in my hair for nearly an hour (instruction said 30 minutes ish) and expected my hair to have cooperated and locked the colour down. But when I washed it off, no matter how long I ran the water through my hair, the water just won't turn clear. And I spent another hour just trying to wash the remaining dye off.

IT.WOULD.NOT.COME.OFF.

I gave up, shampooed and conditioned my hair with the after care conditioner (which smelt really GOOD) and wrapped my hair in a towel. It even stained my towel...

I had no issues like that when I used the Liese Bubble Hair Color. And the application was easy too.....

Coverage wise, I find Liese better as it was foamy and shampoo-like so it was easier applying on hard to reach areas. The Garnier was more of a "squeeze dye out of bottle onto the hair" type, so it was definitely harder on certain areas. After drying my hair, I realised that I had areas where my hair was darker.......I swear, I squeezed the dye all over my head and massaged it for so long. I even sectioned my hair to make the application easier.

So I guess I am just gonna stick to Liese. It is much more convenient but, like everything else, there is always a downside to it. The issue with Liese is the limited choice of colours they have...

Garnier is not so bad if you have someone to help you dye your hair. Make sure you use an old towel because the residue from the dye is bound to stain your towel. 

But for personal application, Liese will be more convenient.

This does not mean that I hate Garnier. I love some of their products, especially their Fructis hair care range! 

A friend of mine mentioned that Malaysia does not carry any of Garnier's Fructis range, so I did what any kiasu people would do. 



Kiasu maximum. Lol.


2 comments

You are missing a little green ampule that you mix in the color bottle...I used this same product and my hair was darker than yours and now it's the same color as the box.

Respecting privacy is key. Instead of prying into "who they're texting," fostering open communication is vital. Trust and understanding create a healthy relationship, allowing discussions about concerns rather than invasive inquiries.Hare i want to share the best app for you who they texting Read your kids sms messages on Android phone, for their well being keep an eye on who they are chatting with.

back to top