Breakfast with Braces

No Comments


It has been nearly a month of having my braces on. So far, my teeth still looks pretty much the same to me (dear teeth, please move.) and the only mishaps I've had so far were brackets dislodging twice - this is due to the really shy tooth that is hiding behind every other teeth and the glue wasn't strong enough to bind the bracket to the tooth when the wire was trying to lure it out.

Teeth: 2 Braces: 0

And last Sunday, the elastic for my lower back bracket came off without me realising. Elastic is now swimming around in my tummy =X

Anyways! Been living off mashed bananas and soft bread and Milo and tofu and more mashed bananas and Milo.......(I MISS MY BAGELS AND ALMONDS).
Okay la, I have had chocolates and biscuits but I had to "melt" them in my mouth before it becomes soft enough to swallow. The first week of getting braces was purely mashed bananas, Spirulina drink and Milo. After that, I could start to breakdown mildly hard foods with my molar teeth. 

I think I've mastered the art of becoming a baby bird - swallowing just about any food I can stuff myself with.

However, I am truly grateful for the one thing that I can consume with and without braces. Coffee.

Thank you god for coffee being in liquid form. (I think I'd knock myself silly if coffee was only available in hard solid form.......) 

I decided that it was best to invest in a blender so that I can make smoothies. That way, I'd get to drink my fruits and veggies. 




My go to breakfast:

1 Large Mango 
1 Box of Strawberries
1 cup of Yogurt
1 Passion Fruit
1/2 cup of Ice
1 cup of water

The above was nice enough for 2 1/2 cups of smoothie. 



The Passion Fruit was the star of the smoothie! My smoothie was super duper filling and refreshing. If not for my family, I would've probably downed the entire thing.

Good news is, this braces business has its upside: Weight Loss. 

So ladies and gentleman, braces not only gives you straight teeth but it aids in weight loss as well. Talk about killing two birds with one stone =P

I'll be going for my first braces tightening this Saturday. I think I might just regret getting braces all over again by next week. It will be a monthly affair from here on out.

Countdown: 23 more months to go!





back to top